FACILITY AND GROUNDS MAINTENANCE, LEAD
Emmanuel Missionary Baptist Church is one of the most influential churches in Colorado Springs, CO and operates as a full-service ministry located at two campuses in Northeast and Southwest Colorado Springs. It has evolved into the model of progressive thinking within the community.
OPENING DATE: 3 August 2020
CLOSING DATE: 17 August 2020
POSITION: Facility and Grounds Maintenance Lead.
JOB TYPE/WORK HOURS: Full-time;40 hours/week
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
Facility Maintenance and Grounds, Lead is a hands-on position, whereby the “Facility Lead” is a part of the daily Emmanuel MBC operations team. Facility Lead will have oversight of all facilities owned by Emmanuel Missionary Baptist Church, to include but not limited to custodial, maintenance, maintenance planning, renovations, upkeep, use of facilities, and environmental quality. Effectively and efficiently provide support the staff and congregants of the church and its entities in pursuit of excellence and premier service. Potential tasks and projects common to most commercial facilities, may be required. This position may supervise, while conducting church custodian(s) duties and oversee contractors hired to provide services needed and implementation of the work. Shall work with the church staff to identify and track needs for specific maintenance and repair service. Emmanuel MBC values accountability, sustainability, communication, cooperation, fairness and trust.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work collaboratively with the Senior Pastor and the Director of Staff to maintain standards of excellence and expectations in facility management and operations.
- Serve as the innovative leader to achieve the vision and responsibilities of developing and maintaining operations for Emmanuel Missionary Baptist Church.
- Strategically plan for deferred maintenance plans; supervise repairs, building projects etc.
- Oversight of facility and grounds maintenance; ensuring safe, clean, and proper order of electrical, plumbing, and mechanical. Keep a record of regular maintenance performed on buildings/grounds and its equipment.
- Create, schedule support staff and maintain status of “To Do” projects for both campuses.
- Order and maintain supplies for cleaning, maintaining and repairing building/grounds.
- Make building repairs such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, and arrange for outside repair services, when necessary.
- Responsible for backflow maintenance systems all facilities.
- Oversee landscape maintenance to ensure property is maintained to established standards.
- Responsible for maintaining irrigation system and watering schedule.
- Arrange for snow/ice/debris removal from parking areas, sidewalks, steps, etc., when necessary.
a. Removed for employee access to property no later than one hour prior to business hours.
- Responsible for service preparation – welcome signs, unlock gates and doors
- Responsible to fill/drain/clean baptistery, as needed.
- Operate heating and cooling equipment (ensures proper settings for all events held in the facilities and adjust settings for times the facilities may not be in use).
- Oversee all room set-up and take-down chairs/tables as needed for weekly services, meetings and special functions.
- Schedule annual cleaning of carpets, fabric furniture and windows.
- Manage all keys to the facilities. Keep a master for each key as well as a list of keys issued to personnel. Obtain new keys when needed.
- May be required to work weekends due to service requirements.
- May be scheduled for after-hour support for emergencies.
- Ensure proper use of resources for buildings and grounds.
- Respond to email communications regarding building and ground maintenance.
- Maintain and schedule vehicle service and registration requirements.
- Keep Director of Staff updated on all issues related to buildings/grounds maintenance.
- All other duties as required or assigned by Senior Pastor and/or Director of Staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communications skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in multiple media – verbal, written, etc.
- Excellent organizational/time management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of efficient and safe manufacturing operations to include product and employee safety, OSHA standards, COVID-19 standards, product quality and cost control.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced work environment, calm under pressure, and flexibility to direct work force and adapt to changing schedules as appropriate.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite).
- In-depth knowledge of production operation, including equipment, materials, workflow, etc.
- Detail oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem solving.
- Perform annual performance review for day support positions
- Create reports as requested
- Flexibility to change schedule to accommodate an event or activity
- Service oriented and willingness to work with all church staff and membership
Ladder – ranging from 6ft. to extension 30 ft
Riding Lawn Mower
Hydraulic Lift – 20 ft.
Hand tools – electric drill, hammer, screw drivers, etc.
Carpet Steam Cleaner
Computer, printer, copier, and phone
70% Walking (interior and exterior)
10% Climbing (ladders and stairs)
25% Lifting – 52 lbs.
- Purchase and picking up supplies from various vendors on a routine basis
- Alternate Emmanuel MBC facilities.
- United States (Required)
- LANGUAGE: Level IV (fluent) in English
- Current Driving license required
- Reliable transportation is required
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check
NOTE: ALL RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
- Facilities Management 2 year (Preferred)
- Employee Supervision 3 years (Preferred)
Drop off applications at: 3615 Vickers Drive Colorado Springs, Colorado 80918
Or email them to: email@example.com