A Helping Hand
The Pastor’s Partners Ministry provides quality care for the Pastor, which allows him to concentrate on the preparation and delivery of God’s Word. An Armor Bearer is one who carried the leader’s shield into battle and laid down his life, if necessary, for whom he served. We serve our Pastor, as our spiritual leader, and carry the Shield of Faith (Ephesians 6:16), defending the Gospel of Peace and the vision God has birthed into Pastor Cleveland A. Thompson’s spirit for The Emmanuel Church family.
“And David came to Saul, and stood before him and he loved him greatly and he became his armor bearer.”
– I Samuel 16:21
The following scriptures describe a faithful Pastor’s Partner:
Proverbs 11:13 – He who goes about as a talebearer reveals secrets, but he who is trustworthy and faithful in spirit keeps a matter hidden
Proverbs 13:17 – A wicked messenger falls into evil, but a faithful ambassador brings healing.
Proverbs 14:15 – A faithful witness will not lie, but a false witness breathes out falsehoods.
Proverbs 20:6 – Many a man proclaims his own loving kindness and goodness, but who can find a faithful man.
As Christians, ask yourselves what sort of armor should you to wear? Ephesians 6:10-18
- Effective Practices of a Pastor’s Partner:
- Must have a REAL and PERSONAL relationship with CHRIST
- Pray WITH and FOR the Pastor
- Be able to be TRUSTED
- Be willing to do what is RIGHT IN MINISTRY
- Be willing to SUBMIT TO AUTHORITY (God’s, Pastor’s, Ministry Leader)
- Have a SERVANT’S HEART
- SERVE as if you were serving JESUS HIMSELF—DO NOT focus on the Pastor.
- In addition, BE CAREFUL TO RESPECT THE CALL THAT IS ON THE PASTOR’S LIFE.
- HELP other people fulfill their ministries
- Have a LOYALTY that goes BEYOND PERSONAL FEELINGS
- RESPECT EVERYONE
- Seize an opportunity provided to MINISTER to other worshippers
- Know that you are IMPORTANT and needed
- Do your VERY BEST
- STAY WITH SOMETHING UNTIL THE JOB IS DONE
- BE DEPENDABLE
- MAINTAIN your JOY in the LORD.
- ALWAYS remain SENSITIVE to the HOLY SPIRIT
- Be WILLING to CHANGE DIRECTION
- Be PATIENT WITH ONE ANOTHER
- Know that GOD is your SOURCE
- Use ALL the ABILITIES that GOD has given you.
- ALWAYS KEEP THE OVERALL VISION OF THE CHURCH BEFORE YOU
- MAINTAIN A GOOD ATTITUDE
- TRUST IN GOD’S GRACE AND HIS ANOINTING ON YOUR LIFE
- Always obey GOD’S SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS
- Have a PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP with CHRIST (TITHE)